Thursday, May 26, 2011

#1 - the privilege of being home with Addison all day, everyday


# 1 - the privilege of being home with Addison all day, everyday

                                                      2 months old

Exactly one year ago today I closed the door to my second grade classroom and teaching career and opened the door to the full-time honor and joy of being a stay-at-home-mom.  After Addison was born I took 8 weeks off for maternity leave and then I had to go back and finish out the year.  Being away from my precious baby from the time she was 2 months old until she was 4 1/2 months old was one of the most challenging things I have ever done.  Every ounce of my being wanted to be at home caring for her, loving her, and enjoying her.  However, I am so thankful that Matt and my mom were able to love on her in my absence. 

                                                      4 months old

Looking back over this year I am so, so thankful that I have the opportunity to stay home with Addison. These years will melt away before I know it and I don’t want to miss a moment with her (yes, including those long, difficult days). She will grow and learn more in these first few years than any other time in her life. As she does grow, I am overly thankful that I can be the one to encourage her and cheer her on when she learns something new. I love being the one to hold her, kiss her, and dry her tears when she gets hurt. Along with Matt, I want to be the one to instill God’s love into her heart from a young age. I want to talk with her, listen to her, and laugh with her all day long. I want to sing, dance, blow bubbles, and read books with her throughout the day. I want to have spent so much time with her that I can translate her words and know how she’s feeling based on her actions. I want to change all her diapers, pick up her toys 100 times a day, clean her sticky face after each meal, know what scares her and what makes her happy, and teach her right from wrong. I want there to be nicks in the paint on the walls and dings in the furniture because our house is more than just a house, it is our home. We live here, learn here, and love here 24/7. Once she’s grown I want her to look back on her childhood with fond memories of not only quality time, but quantity time spent with family. I am so blessed to have a husband who makes it possible for Addison to have her Mama home with her all day. Every day I thank Matt that I get to stay home. He responds by thanking me that I want to stay home. Wow. I love him more than ever.

                                                     15 months old

My little angel...



No comments:

Post a Comment