Friday, January 20, 2012

With a neigh and a moo and a cock-a-doodle-doo...Addison is 2!

Dear Addison,

What a wonderful year of learning, growing, and loving we have had!  I feel like we got to know you, our beautiful daughter, on such a deeper level as you are now able to communicate your thoughts and feelings.  What a joy you are and what happiness you bring to our lives!

As you continue to grow, I love discovering how God created YOU…the only YOU in the entire world!  What makes you overly excited, happy, scared, or sad?  What fuels and energizes you?  The answers to these questions will change with the passing months, but embracing who you are in this very moment is what I love most about each and every day.  The way God created you is simply breath-taking, inside and out.

I love you, all of you, Sweetheart.  I love your silky blonde hair that actually sparkles in the sunlight.  I love your captivating eyes that have gradually shifted from blue to light gray this year…the kind of gray that teases you with hints of blue, fawn-brown, and green.  I love the dimple on top of your nose.  I love the three tiny freckles that are sprinkled across your soft, smooth skin.  I love when your small hands grasp mine.  I love your enthusiasm and the way you scream with excitement because you just can’t hold it in.  I love the wonder you have when learning new things.  Your compassion and gentleness around babies and baby dolls melts my heart.  I love to hear you talk; your expressions, pronunciations, and sentences are precious.  I love that you still want me to hug you close and kiss away your “boo-boos” even though you are seeking independence and remind me often that you can do most things on your own.  I love how excited you get when you have the opportunity to spend time with your family and friends, who love you dearly and you love dearly as well.  I love the laughs and squeals of delight that fill the house when Daddy tickles you.  Addison, I love the way God made you.

From the day we found out you were alive and growing inside of me, I have been praying specifically for you, my daughter.  I pray that your life would be a reflection of Jesus…a life that loves and trusts God, strives for purity, humility, diligence, compassion, and integrity.  I pray that you will find your identity in the One who created you and not from the lies of the world.  I deeply desire that Daddy and I will have a close connection with you through each stage of your life, and even though it may not seem like it to you at times, that you would rest with full assurance knowing that we always have your best interests in mind.

Speaking of your Daddy, are you aware that you have the best Daddy in the world?  He is fun, caring, involved, and loves us so deeply.  However, most importantly he loves Jesus and his life displays His Name.  Daddy is a man of integrity, honor, wisdom, courage, generosity, compassion, gentleness yet strength, and loyalty.  He adores you and loves you through and through.  I pray that one day you will chose to marry a man who treasures you like Daddy treasures me and you, who deepens your faith in God, who loves you without reservation, who tells you you are beautiful from sun-up to sun-down, and who rejoices in the way God made you.  Daddy is that man to me, and I pray that your future husband will be same to you.

Addison, my love for you continues to grow deeper with each passing day.  No matter what you do, believe, or what you think of me over the years, I will love you unconditionally all the days of my life.  You are my treasure and I am so thankful that God chose to place you in our lives to love and cherish.  Daddy and I are so proud of you and we celebrate every aspect of you.  We have an exciting year ahead as you become the Big Sister!  Your little brother or sister is blessed beyond measure to have you to look up to.                

All my love, 
Mommy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few pictures from her birthday party!




A few of the details...

































I am very grateful to my talented sister who took the majority of the party pictures!  And thank you, thank you to all of our family and friends who came over to celebrate Addison's birthday!  You mean the world to our little girl (and us!)!!

2 comments:

  1. Addison is such a bright, beautiful girl, so full of life. Can't wait to see how God shapes her -- she is so fortunate to have you and Matt as her parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these ideas! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete